Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Praise Him Because...

The Lord is my strength and my defense, He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father's God and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
     Just in this one verse Moses remembers 5 reasons to praise...He is my strength..He is my defense...He is my God...He has become my salvation..He is my father's God! If we listen to King David over and over he tells us...God has heard my cry. The Bible is filled with reasons why we can praise God yet it seems our life is filled with moments when we doubt Him. Paul tells us in the famous chapter on Love, that love does not keep a record of wrongs suffered, yet it is not forbidden to make a list of reasons why in spite of any problem that we will praise God!
Psalm 59:17 O my strength I will sing praises to you, for you O God are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.
    Throughout the Bible we find men and women exalting, magnifying, worshiping and praising God in all kinds of situations. When facing enemies, or when God has given victory we need to praise him. When we are afraid, or when He has stilled the storms, we need to praise him. When we are going through trials we need to count it all joy, and when the trials have passed and we are lead by quiet waters, He remains worthy of our praise. When we are young and filled with energy, and when we are older and facing times of weakness, we need to praise God. When we are beginning a new adventure in faith, or when we are nearing the end of life's journey we can say with David:
 Psalm 145:2 Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.
   With every and any instrument God has given us we can praise him:
Psalm 43:4 I will Go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy and I will praise you with the lyre, O God my God!
    One day our work will be over, our possessions will pass to someone else and our plans will come to an end, but our opportunity to praise God will never end. As long as we have breath we can praise him and with our last breath we will find our selves face to face with Him. When we finish the journey here on this earth we will just be beginning an eternal journey in His presence where we will find amazing reasons we had never known to continue to praise Him forever and ever.
Psalm 30:12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God I will give thanks to you forever..

No comments:

Post a Comment