Monday, May 23, 2011

God's Peace at the Waterfall

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say
It is well It is well with my soul


When I sit by a waterfall, the sound of the falling water, gently yet powerfully fills my ears and closes me in with it's voice. There are moments in our lives when the trials and hurts mount up and crash over our hearts like a waterfall. Though all around us other people are passing, we only hear them as a far away sound. We are closed in with our own waterfall of grief. Jesus has promised us in those hours that no matter how powerful the forces are that come crashing over us, He will be there. Jesus has gone through that waterfall of death and come out with the gift of His peace for us. Right now He is standing with you next to your waterfall of pain and holding out the gift of His peace for you to have forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment