Friday, July 20, 2012

Every Prayer Answered!

This morning as I was beginning to pray I realized I didn't need to pray for my father any longer. I remembered my first prayer for my Dad, that was answered when he came forward and received Christ as his Savior. Then as years went by I prayed for him to be guided by your will and to be closer to you. As Dad grew older I often asked for him to be healed and strengthened. when my step-mom; the love of his life slipped into eternity, I prayed for your comfort. As he lived out those last 6 years alone I prayed for him to experience your companionship. Now this morning, I see that every prayer has been answered. Dad is closer to you! Dad is healed completely and more than I ever thought to pray, he is young again! He is not ever lonely, or confused or tired. God has really heard every prayer!
Today as you look to God in prayer, it may give you greater strength, knowing that, one day, all your prayers will be answered. Orphans will find their Father in heaven, the poorest will be so rich, the hungry will eat to their heart's content at God's table. Nations that are now dark and closed will be openly worshiping Jesus on the streets of heaven. The weak and the abused will be rejoicing and fully restored. There will be no sadness, no pain, no separation, no rejection.
The Bible tells us to persevere, keep going, don't give up, and be strong.



Hebrews 12:12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.

God's Word also tells us that: The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn which shines ever brighter until the full light of day..Proverbs 4:18

We see the hope of answered prayer in our own hearts. God himself has put the longings there for a world that reflects His purposes. Be faithful. Don't ever give up on any prayer. Prayers are like little birds that fly up to heaven into the presence of the King. We pray and sometimes even we forget what we have asked, but God who never forgets will hear. One day when we least expect it He will come and let us look through heaven's window. Then we will know that every one of our prayers have been answered: And more!

No comments:

Post a Comment